Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Big VP

Did I mention I took a job as interim vice principal? What the heck was I thinking? I keep running this over and over in my head. How did this happen? I have never had the inclination to work in administration. I love my job. I think I am probably the only adult I know who can honestly make that statement. Sure, there are days I want to pull the fire alarm and hide out in a bathroom stall until I can make a break for it. Yet, somehow, I ended up leaving my cush job surrounded by loveable 6th graders (perfectly trained, I might add) to become the new force of evil at my school.
I'll tell you how it happened- I was coerced, I tell you. My amazing principal, Dan, was called away for the Army. He's off training troops in Oklahoma. So, he asks me, "Kris, I need your help." How could I say no to the one and only great administrator I have ever known?
So here I am, writing referrals, creating policy and calling parents all day long. I'll let you know how it goes, but so far all I can say is, "hug your administrator today!"

No comments:

Post a Comment